Anoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
Anoxia refers to a total lack of oxygen to the brain. Anoxia during childbirth can result in severe, lifelong complications, even death. If your baby suffered anoxia during childbirth, a lawyer can help you recover damages. The team at Newsome Melton can help you hold doctors and hospitals accountable and fight for compensation for you and your child’s damages.
You can start the process of taking legal action with a free, no-risk case evaluation with Newsome Melton. Our anoxia birth injury lawyers will review your case and explain your options and how we can help. We work on a no-win-no-fee basis; that is, we get paid only when we recover money for you.
To get a free case evaluation, call us at 855-633-2757.
Anoxia at Birth—Why It Happens and the Consequences
Anoxia during childbirth can happen for a number of reasons. In many cases, negligence by the attending physician or one of his or her staff, such as the nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, plays a role. When that is the case, we can pursue the doctor, the staff member, or the facility for damages.
Here are some possible causes of anoxia during childbirth:
- Placental abruption
- Umbilical cord prolapse
- Not monitoring the fetus closely during delivery
- Failure to order or delay in ordering a C-section when necessary
- Inadequate response to fetal distress
Babies who suffer anoxia during childbirth may lose consciousness. As the brain continues to starve for oxygen, long-term damage can begin to accumulate. The child can experience permanent brain damage that may manifest in a host of lifelong symptoms. In severe cases, a newborn baby can die from anoxia.
Other potential complications of anoxia during childbirth include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Speech impairments
- Vision problems
- Delayed cognitive development
No matter how your child’s birth injury occurred or what medical issues resulted from it, we can help. We will hold the doctor and the facility liable and help you recover damages.
How Newsome Melton Can Build a Compelling Malpractice Case for Anoxia During Childbirth
The Newsome Melton team fights for parents whose children were injured during childbirth. Here are four things we must demonstrate in your birth injury case:
The Doctor Owed Your Child a Duty of Care
First, we will show that your doctor owed your child a duty of care. Since you had a doctor-patient relationship with your physician, a duty of care was implied.
The Doctor Did Not Follow the Standard of Care
We must establish that the doctor violated the standard of care. That is, we must demonstrate that the doctor failed to act in a manner that other reasonable physicians would act under the same circumstances.
Your Child Suffered an Injury
Next, we need to show that your child suffered an injury—in this case, anoxia during childbirth—and that his or her injury occurred as a result of your doctor’s failure of duty. We can use our resources to collect evidence and draw a connection between your doctor’s actions (or lack of action) and your child’s injury.
You and Your Child Suffered Damages
Last, we must demonstrate that you suffered damages because of your child’s injury.
For a free case evaluation, call Newsome Melton today at 855-633-2757.
Our Anoxia at Birth Lawyers Help You Recover Damages for Your Child’s Injury
You may be entitled to compensation from the doctor who delivered your child, the facility where the delivery took place, and other liable parties. A Newsome Melton birth injury lawyer can help you fight for the compensation you and your child deserve.
Your settlement or verdict could include the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Time away from work
- Prescription drugs
- Medical devices
- Special schools and tutoring
- Home modifications
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
The Statute of Limitations on Birth Injuries
You do not have unlimited time to file a lawsuit for an anoxia birth injury. Every state has statutes of limitations governing birth injury and other medical malpractice lawsuits. Depending upon the state where the injury occurred, the statute of limitations could be one year, two years, or longer.
A birth injury lawyer from Newsome Melton can make sure you do not miss any important deadlines that prevent you from recovering the damages you deserve. Preserve your right to take legal action by contacting a lawyer right away. You can reach us at 855-633-2757 for a free case evaluation.
Call 855-633-2757 Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With an Anoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
The anoxia birth injury lawyers at Newsome Melton want to hear from you. If a doctor or medical staff member caused your child’s injury, we can help you hold that professional accountable, and we will fight to recover damages. We offer a free case evaluation and represent clients on a no-win-no-fee basis. If you do not get paid, neither do we.
Get your free case evaluation today by calling 855-633-2757.
Birth Injury Malpractice Lawyer
- Anoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Bell’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Trauma Lawyer
- Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury Lawyer
- Brachial Plexus Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Brain Injury
- Brain Ischemia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Broken Bones Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cephalohematoma Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cervical Dystonia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Chorioamnionitis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cystic Fibrosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Epidural Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy
- Fetal Lacerations Lawyer
- Forceps Delivery Birth Injury Lawyer
- Group B Strep Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hepatitis B Virus Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Perinatal Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Placental Birth Injury Lawyer
- Rubella Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Syphilis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Toxoplasmosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Urinary Tract Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Wrongful Birth Lawyer