MedicalMalpracticeHelp.com, sponsored by the law firm Newsome Melton, gives an annual $1,500 scholarship to a student with an impressive record of community service.
The deadline to apply for the 2019 Community Service Scholarship is December 15, 2019.
About the Community Service Scholarship
The Medical Malpractice Help Community Service Scholarship recognizes the time, effort, and sacrifice that students spend to make a difference in their communities, not to mention the real-world experience that students gain in the process.
“Learning outside the classroom can be as important as learning inside the classroom,” said attorney Frank Melton. “Community service exposes students to new responsibilities, people, and leadership opportunities, which can broaden their learning and prepare them for college and beyond.”
Newsome Melton created the scholarship to help deserving students pay for their college education, which will better enable them to continue serving their community, the country, and the world.
“Whatever they choose to study in school or do in their career, a background in community service gives students a foundation on which to grow and develop as leaders, professionals, and good citizens,” said attorney Rich Newsome.
Eligibility Criteria for the Community Service Scholarship
- 3.0 GPA;
- Documented history of community service;
- Enrolled in or accepted to an accredited college or university;
- Write and submit one 500- to 1,000-word essay from the topics below;
- Complete and submit scholarship application;
- Submit all documents in PDF form; and
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
How to Apply for the Community Service Scholarship
Please fill out the application form on the right side of this page. Applicants must submit all application materials:
- Unofficial transcript
- Resume documenting community service
Essay Topics for the Community Service Scholarship
Applicants should write a 500- to 1,000-word essay on one of these topics:
- What motivates you to perform community service?
- What skills did you learn during your community service that will help you in college or in your career?
- How do you plan to continue your community service during college and throughout your career?
Deadline to Apply for the Community Service Scholarship
Please submit your application for the 2019 Community Service Scholarship by December 15, 2019. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.