- Loss of Consortium & Medical Malpractice Law
- Loss of Consortium: A compensatory damage designed to compensate a close family member, generally the spouse, for the loss of the relationship’s benefits, which include affection and sexual relations.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Have to Prove a Doctor-Patient Relationship if You Sue?
- What Are Some of the Most Common Reasons Why Legitimate Medical Malpractice Claims Go Unexplored?
- How Would a Doctor Testify Against Another Doctor in a Malpractice Lawsuit?
- What Is Meant by “a Breach of the Standard of Care” in a Medical Malpractice Case?
- What Does “Contributory Negligence” in Relation to Medical Malpractice Mean?