Approximately 500,000 prostate biopsies are performed nationwide each year. If you suffered complications from this invasive procedure or received a misdiagnosis, we can help.
Pintas & Mullins are biopsy malpractice lawyers who understand the challenges of medical malpractice cases. We want to hear about your individual situation because you could be entitled to recover compensation for your physical, mental, and financial pain. For a free consultation, please call 888 526-8947.
You Might Qualify for Compensation From Prostate Biopsy Complications
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, according to the American Cancer Society. The disease develops in men aged 65 or older, and in African-American men. It is likely that your doctor ordered a prostate biopsy based on these risk factors and other health indicators. Unfortunately, some men have serious and life-threatening complications from a poorly performed biopsy. Others receive a false diagnosis which could delay detection and treatment.
According to an article in Medical News Today, the following complications from a prostate biopsy can occur. If you experienced any of these or similar ones, you might be entitled to file a medical malpractice insurance claim or lawsuit:
- Excessive bleeding, pain, or discomfort
- Mistaken or misleading diagnosis
- Contaminated or mislabeled results
- Infection and fever
- Hospitalization from biopsy complications
You Have Limited Time to Pursue Compensation
Your health is the most critical issue. When you are well enough, call Pintas & Mullins. We will evaluate your case for free. You could qualify for compensation for expenses such as lost wages, medical bills, and mental anguish. However, many states limit the time you can seek compensation. The statute of limitation varies, so it is best that you call our biopsy malpractice lawyers at 888 526-8947.
How Our Biopsy Malpractice Lawyers Help You
If you or a loved one was harmed by a prostate biopsy, we can determine if you are entitled to recover damages. You deserve to know your legal options and if a settlement or verdict is a possibility for your case. Call Pintas & Mullins at 888 526-8947 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Some of the other benefits that our biopsy malpractice lawyers offer include:
- Demonstrating negligence according to legal guidelines
- Reviewing your claim against your doctor, the laboratory, or other healthcare provider
- Understanding the medical malpractice rules in your state
- Filing all necessary paperwork for either a settlement or verdict
- Presenting your case at a trial
How a Biopsy Malpractice Lawyer Determines Liability
Whether we pursue compensation through the at-fault party’s insurance or in a courtroom, the process of finding fault is the same. Here is how we decide who is responsible for your injuries and damages:
- Your medical provider is expected to deliver a safe and responsible level of care.
- You did not receive this expected level of care.
- You suffered physical or mental injuries as a result.
- You have damages from your injuries (for example, medical bills or pain and suffering).
There Could Be More Than One Liable Party
If your prostate biopsy complications were the result of multiple errors, it is possible that there is more than one liable person or party. In this case, our lawyers will examine the various procedures, chain of command, and key individuals who acted negligently.
Most states recognize three kinds of liability:
- Direct liability holds a defendant responsible for either reckless or malignant actions, such as a pathologist who misinterpreted the biopsy.
- Vicarious liability refers to a specific relationship between the defendant and with responsible person, such as a hospital chief of staff.
- Respondeat Superior holds the defendant’s employer accountable, such as the laboratory owner.
You can see that pursing compensation is a complex process. A medical malpractice attorney from Pintas & Mullins will protect your rights and pursue compensation if available. For a free consultation, please call 888 526-8947.
We Limit Our Practice to Helping People Harmed by Medical Negligence
Pintas & Mullins represents people nationwide who were injured, disabled, or whose loved ones passed away from medical negligence. Our team of lawyers and paralegals pursue compensation that enables victims and their families to move on from medical tragedy. We cannot erase the past, but we can do our best to recover compensation for your financial security.
- More than 20 years of practicing medical malpractice and catastrophic injury cases
- Over $580 million recovered in settlements and verdicts
- Consistently ranked among “Best Law Firms” by S. News & World Report and Orlando Magazine
- No attorney fees unless and until we are successful in recovering compensation
- Personal client service from an attorney, not an associate
- Prompt communication
- Confidential legal representation at each stage
To find out if you are eligible for compensation, please call Pintas & Mullins at 888 526-8947.
Our Legal Team Works for the Best Possible Outcome for You
We understand that prostate biopsy complications can negatively affect your physical, mental, and financial well-being. An attorney from Pintas & Mullins will handle all communication with the at-fault party’s insurance company, legal team, and any other individual who tries to deny, delay or downplay your case. Please do not discuss your case with anyone except your attorney. You should also avoid posting about it on social media. These actions could jeopardize your case.
Prostate Biopsies Can Detect Cancer, But There Are Risks
When they are administered and interpreted correctly, prostate biopsies can help detect cancer at an early stage. According to Medical News Today, there is a five-year survival rate of 99 percent if prostate cancer is caught early and treated properly. However, there are also complications to a biopsy, including:
- Bleeding and pain
- Need for multiple biopsies due to false positive results
- Increased risk of hospitalization from infection and other issues