In the state of Florida , most nursing home cases are handled under malpractice law. However, some events may cause the attorneys to file a suit under different guidelines. Cases that involve the mismanagement of the patients medical needs will be automatically filed under malpractice law. This includes mismanagement by owners, medical staff or assistants.
Some forms of elder abuse may fall under different categories of law. An attorney can review the events and inform you what laws apply to your situation.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
- What Do I Need to Do Before I Call a Medical Malpractice Lawyer and Open a Claim?
- Is Your Medical Malpractice Case More Likely To Settle Or Go To Trial?
- Can a Medical Malpractice Case Be Reopened After It Has Settled?
- Can Metabolic Disorders Cause Acquired Brain Injury?
- Can You File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Against Someone Other Than a Doctor?