In the state of Florida , most nursing home cases are handled under malpractice law. However, some events may cause the attorneys to file a suit under different guidelines. Cases that involve the mismanagement of the patients medical needs will be automatically filed under malpractice law. This includes mismanagement by owners, medical staff or assistants.
Some forms of elder abuse may fall under different categories of law. An attorney can review the events and inform you what laws apply to your situation.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Determine If Someone Is the Victim of Medical Negligence?
- What Happens If Someone Dies From Medical Malpractice?
- Are There Limitations on Damages In Florida Medical Malpractice Cases?
- What Is The Average Medical Malpractice Settlement?
- What Types Of Damages Are Usually Awarded In A Medical Malpractice Case?