In the state of Florida , most nursing home cases are handled under malpractice law. However, some events may cause the attorneys to file a suit under different guidelines. Cases that involve the mismanagement of the patients medical needs will be automatically filed under malpractice law. This includes mismanagement by owners, medical staff or assistants.
Some forms of elder abuse may fall under different categories of law. An attorney can review the events and inform you what laws apply to your situation.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
- Do Statute of Limitations Apply If Symptoms Were Present Immediately but Got Worse Recently?
- Is Failure to Diagnose a Form of Medical Malpractice?
- What Is The Average Medical Malpractice Settlement?
- Can You Receive Compensation For A Birth Injury That Affects The Mother?
- What Is Meant by “a Breach of the Standard of Care” in a Medical Malpractice Case?