Bell’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
Did your child suffer Bell’s palsy due to trauma during childbirth? You could have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit and compensation for those injuries. A Bell’s palsy birth injury lawyer from Newsome Melton can help you recover the damages you and your child deserve. We want to put our resources to work for you.
Newsome Melton offers a free case evaluation. We work on a no-win-no-fee basis, which means we do not collect an attorney fee until you recover compensation.
To get a free case evaluation, call us at 855-633-2757.
We Can Help You Recover Damages in a Bell’s Palsy Birth Injury Case
Bell’s palsy has several common symptoms that often appear in a baby who has developed the condition. They include:
- Eyelid does not close
- Part of the face appears to droop
- Mouth on one side does not move the same as the other
- One side of the face appears paralyzed
In addition to the symptoms it produces, Bell’s palsy has several risk factors. It is your doctor’s duty to understand your medical history and know when your child is at a higher risk for Bell’s palsy. Without this information, your medical team may overlook symptoms that should lead them to the correct diagnosis.
Here are some risk factors for birth trauma that may cause Bell’s palsy:
- Large baby
- Prolonged labor
- Epidural use
Newsome Melton team will investigate your case and hold the doctor accountable for your child’s injury if negligence is to blame. To get your free case evaluation, call our office today at 855-633-2757.
Count on Newsome Melton to Build a Compelling Bell’s Palsy Case on Your Behalf
At Newsome Melton, our medical malpractice lawyers have helped many injured clients recover damages. Our focus is on going after negligent doctors who injure patients. Your case must prove these four things:
- Your doctor had a duty of care to your child.
- Your doctor did not follow the standard of care.
- Because of your doctor’s negligence, your child suffered injuries.
- You and your child suffered economic and/or non-economic damages.
Your Doctor Had a Duty of Care
First, we must show that your doctor owed your child a duty of care. A doctor owes a duty of care to anyone who is an active patient, including an unborn or newborn child.
Your Doctor Did Not Uphold His or Her Duty of Care
We have to demonstrate that your doctor did not follow the standard of care. Essentially, your case must establish that another doctor would have acted differently under the same circumstances.
Your Child Suffered Injuries
We must also prove that your doctor’s negligence led to your child’s injuries. For example, we must establish the link between a doctor’s negligence and the birth trauma that caused your child’s Bell’s palsy.
The cause-and-effect relationship needs to be clear and compelling. We may use evidence that includes your medical records, the opinions of other doctors, and the testimony of medical experts.
You and Your Child Damages
Finally, we need to show how you and your child incurred damages. These damages can be economic (e.g., medical bills, loss of income) or non-economic (e.g., pain and suffering and inconvenience).
If your doctor committed malpractice, we can uncover the evidence to prove it and use those findings to build a compelling case for damages. To get a free consultation, call us today at 855-633-2757.
Beware of the Statute of Limitations
Understand that you do not have unlimited time to file a medical malpractice lawsuit for a Bell’s palsy birth injury. Depending upon the state in which it occurred, the statute of limitations could be as short as one year. There are other deadlines in addition to the statute of limitations that could affect your claim.
To avoid missing out on the ability to recover compensation, contact a Bell’s palsy birth injury lawyer right away. The Newsome Melton team can help you take action quickly so you remain eligible to recover the damages you deserve. Call 855-633-2757 for a free case evaluation.
Do Not Delay – Get Help From a Bell’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer Today by Calling 855-633-2757
The Newsome Melton team wants to help you recover the compensation you deserve for your doctor’s wrongdoing. We can get started on your case right away, and you do not pay us anything until we recover money for you. To get a free case evaluation, call us at 855-633-2757.
Birth Injury Malpractice Lawyer
- Anoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Trauma Lawyer
- Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury Lawyer
- Brachial Plexus Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Brain Injury
- Brain Ischemia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Broken Bones Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cephalohematoma Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cervical Dystonia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Chorioamnionitis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cystic Fibrosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Epidural Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy
- Fetal Lacerations Lawyer
- Forceps Delivery Birth Injury Lawyer
- Group B Strep Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hepatitis B Virus Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Perinatal Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Placental Birth Injury Lawyer
- Rubella Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Syphilis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Toxoplasmosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Urinary Tract Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Wrongful Birth Lawyer