Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury Lawyer
If your child suffered bleeding of the brain at birth, you may have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit against the doctor responsible for your care. Members of the doctor’s medical staff may also be liable for your child’s injury. A bleeding of the brain birth injury lawyer from Newsome Melton can help you file a malpractice claim and pursue damages.
At Newsome Melton, our birth brain injury attorneys have a lengthy track record of recovering medical malpractice damages for our clients. We work on a no-win-no-fee basis, which means you do not pay us anything until we recover money for you. We charge for results, not for our time. To receive a free case evaluation from a member of our staff, call our office today at 855-633-2757.
Your Doctor’s Responsibility to Prevent or Treat a Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury
Bleeding of the brain, known in the medical community as intraventricular hemorrhage, is highly dangerous to newborns and infants. If it is not treated appropriately and promptly, often with delicate surgery, bleeding of the brain can lead to lifelong disabilities and even death.
When you are expecting, your physician and their medical staff have a duty of care to do everything they can to prevent birth injuries. Your doctor should have recognized the risk factors. He or she also should have made the right diagnosis and administered treatment upon your baby developing the condition. Failure to appropriately diagnose or treat this condition may constitute medical malpractice.
Risk Factors for a Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury
Certain factors, many involving the health of the mother and the circumstances of the delivery, can increase a baby’s risk of experiencing an intraventricular hemorrhage. These factors are as follows:
- Placental blood clots
- Premature or low birth weight babies
- Weak or malformed blood vessels in the brain
- Abnormalities in blood clotting
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) in the mother
- Maternal infection
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Head injury during the delivery process
Common Signs of a Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury
By recognizing any risk factors, you have, your doctor can take proactive steps to minimize your child’s chance of suffering bleeding of the brain during birth. But even if your doctor took every precaution, the condition can still occur, and your doctor has a duty to diagnose it promptly. To do this, your child’s health care providers must recognize the common signs of a bleeding of the brain birth injury:
- Pauses in breathing
- Blue or abnormally pale skin coloring
- Abnormal eye movement
- Shrill cry
- Low tone
- Low reflexes
- Excessive sleep
- Weak suck
- Low blood count
If your newborn exhibits at least one of these signs, your doctor or health care provider has a duty to recognize and promptly diagnose and treat your child’s condition. Any misdiagnosis or delay in diagnosis can increase the baby’s chance of long-term health issues.
For a free case evaluation with an attorney from Newsome Melton, call 855-633-2757 today.
Count on the Newsome Melton Team to Help You File a Successful Medical Malpractice Claim for Your Child’s Birth Injury
If your baby suffered a bleeding of the brain birth injury, our team can help you recover damages in a medical malpractice lawsuit. A successful claim proves four things:
- Your doctor or their staff had a duty of care.
- They did not uphold that duty of care.
- Your child suffered a birth injury as a result.
- You incurred damages because of your child’s injury.
Duty of Care
We first must show that the responsible party owed you a duty of care. All doctors have this duty to their patients, as do the members of a doctor’s medical staff who are involved in your care.
Failure to Uphold Duty
The second thing we must prove is that your doctor or healthcare provider did not uphold their duty of care. We compare the responsible party’s actions to those of a “reasonable person,” often using medical expert witnesses to determine whether your doctor failed to follow correct procedure.
If we can show that your provider’s actions deviated from the response of a reasonable person faced with the same situation, we can demonstrate a failure to uphold the duty of care.
Third, we must show that as a direct result of your doctor or provider’s failure, your child suffered a bleeding of the brain birth injury. We can draw on several pieces of evidence to make this case, including your medical records and statements from subsequent treating physicians.
Finally, we must list the medical malpractice damages, both economic and non-economic, that you incurred because of your child’s bleeding of the brain birth injury.
To speak with a member of our team and set up a free case evaluation, call us at 855-633-2757. On of our bleeding of the brain birth injury lawyers can help you decide on your next steps.
Our Birth Injury Lawyers Help You Recover the Full Damages You Deserve
You can count on the Newsome Melton personal injury team to fight aggressively for the full damages you deserve. If your child suffered a bleeding of the brain birth injury, you could be eligible for compensation that includes:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Ongoing medical care for your child
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
Statute of Limitations
Please be aware that you do not have unlimited time to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. Every state has its own statute of limitations. It can vary significantly from state to state. An attorney can help you overcome looming deadlines.
For a Free Case Evaluation With a Member of the Newsome Melton Team, Call 855-633-2757 Today
Our bleeding of the brain birth injury lawyers are eager to start working on your case today. We can help you recover compensation for your child’s injury. For a free case evaluation, call us at 855-633-2757.
Birth Injury Malpractice Lawyer
- Anoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Bell’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Trauma Lawyer
- Brachial Plexus Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Brain Injury
- Brain Ischemia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Broken Bones Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cephalohematoma Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cervical Dystonia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Chorioamnionitis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cystic Fibrosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Epidural Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy
- Fetal Lacerations Lawyer
- Forceps Delivery Birth Injury Lawyer
- Group B Strep Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hepatitis B Virus Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Perinatal Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Placental Birth Injury Lawyer
- Rubella Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Syphilis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Toxoplasmosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Urinary Tract Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Wrongful Birth Lawyer