Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
If your child suffered an injury at birth and developed cerebral palsy, you may be entitled to compensation. A cerebral palsy birth injury lawyer at Newsome Melton may be able to help.
Our team of birth trauma attorneys helps birth injury victims and their families recover compensation. We can build a compelling case and hold the obstetrician, other medical provider, or facility accountable. Before we get started on your case, we offer a free consultation with a member of our team. We will review your child’s birth injury, discuss your options, and let you know how we can help.
To schedule an appointment today, call our office at 855-633-2757.
Cerebral Palsy and Birth Injury
Several injuries, complications, or other factors during pregnancy or birth can cause cerebral palsy. They include:
- Hypoxia (lack of oxygen reaching tissues)
- Intrauterine infection
- Asphyxia before or during birth
- Lack of oxygen to brain during delivery
- Trauma during delivery
- Perinatal complications
- Premature birth
- Placenta detachment
Regardless of what did or did not occur during childbirth, if your child was born with cerebral palsy, we might be able to help. A Newsome Melton medical malpractice lawyer will investigate the obstetrician or midwife and the facility that oversaw the birth of your child to determine if you have a solid medical malpractice claim against them. If we determine you have a valid claim, we will gather evidence and build a compelling case for compensation.
To schedule your free case evaluation, call 855-633-2757 today.
Complications from Cerebral Palsy
Cerebral palsy is a lifelong condition that creates many complications and challenges for those who have it and those who care for them. It can also be expensive to treat, potentially requiring medication, physical therapy, medical devices (e.g., crutches or a wheelchair), and modifications to the home.
If your child’s cerebral palsy resulted from a birth injury, the obstetrician or midwife who performed the birth and the facility where it took place might be liable for these costs. A lawyer from Newsome Melton can help you pursue the responsible party and recover the money you deserve.
People with cerebral palsy often face the following challenges:
- Muscle weakness
- Lack of mobility
- Communication disorders
- Speech and language disorders
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Fine motor impairment
- Visual or auditory impairment
- Cognitive delays or disabilities
- Behavioral disorders
This list is not exhaustive. No matter what challenges your child has faced due to their cerebral palsy, we want to help you recover the compensation you and your family need. Schedule your free case evaluation with Newsome Melton today by calling 855-633-2757.
The Newsome Melton Team Will Build a Compelling Medical Malpractice Case
If your child has suffered because of a birth injury, you should go with a lawyer who has a successful track record and understands what it takes to build a successful medical malpractice case.
The Newsome Melton team has won substantial compensation for many clients whose children suffered birth injuries. Our time handling birth injury cases has provided a wealth of experience navigating the process of proving the four conditions necessary for a successful malpractice case. They include:
Your Medical Provider Owed You a Duty of Care
First, we must show that your medical provider had a duty of care to you. Typically, this is straightforward, as all medical professionals have an implied duty of care to their patients.
Your Medical Provider Breached This Duty of Care
Second, we have to show that your medical provider did not uphold their duty of care. We will compare your obstetrician’s or midwife’s actions to those of a reasonable person in the same situation, illustrating that your medical provider fell short of expectations.
You or Your Child Suffered Harm
Third, we will tie your obstetrician’s or midwife’s failure to your child’s development of cerebral palsy. To make this case, we will lean on evidence that may include medical records, lab test results, photographs, and testimony from expert witnesses.
You Incurred Damages
Fourth, we will list the damages, both economic and noneconomic, that you have suffered because of your child’s condition. These may include:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Medical devices
- Tutoring and private school costs
- Home modifications
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
Call 855-633-2757 Today for a Free Case Evaluation With a Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
The Newsome Melton team of attorneys wants to start working for you today. We can help you recover compensation for your child’s birth injury. To schedule a free case evaluation, call our office at 855-633-2757.
Birth Injury Malpractice Lawyer
- Anoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Bell’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Trauma Lawyer
- Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury Lawyer
- Brachial Plexus Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Brain Injury
- Brain Ischemia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Broken Bones Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cephalohematoma Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cervical Dystonia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Chorioamnionitis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cystic Fibrosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Epidural Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy
- Fetal Lacerations Lawyer
- Forceps Delivery Birth Injury Lawyer
- Group B Strep Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hepatitis B Virus Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Perinatal Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Placental Birth Injury Lawyer
- Rubella Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Syphilis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Toxoplasmosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Urinary Tract Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Wrongful Birth Lawyer