If the anesthesiologist, obstetrician, nurse anesthetist, or other medical professional involved in a birth fails to administer an epidural correctly, it can lead to a host of injuries for both mother and baby. If you or your child suffered an epidural birth injury, you could have grounds for a medical malpractice claim. An epidural birth injury lawyer from Pintas & Mullins can help hold the medical professional accountable and recover compensation.
The Pintas & Mullins team invites you for a free case evaluation to discuss your options and see how our birth trauma attorneys can help with your case. We will review your injury and offer honest feedback on the strength of your case. There is no risk or obligation, and we work on contingency, meaning you do not pay us unless and until you get paid.
To schedule an appointment today, call 855-633-2757.
Trust Pintas & Mullins to Fight for Compensation After an Epidural Birth Injury
Many women receive epidurals before and during childbirth. Most end up having healthy births with only minimal side effects.
Having said all that, the benefits of an epidural depend heavily on the skill of the person administering it. A wrongly administered epidural is not only not beneficial but poses risks both to a mother and the baby.
A lawyer from Pintas & Mullins will investigate your injury and determine if an improperly administered epidural led to your or your child’s injury. If so, we will hold the anesthesiologist, obstetrician, nurse anesthetist, or other medical professionals accountable and help you recover compensation.
If You or Your Child Suffered an Epidural Injury, Pintas & Mullins Could Help You Recover Compensation
There are several mistakes the anesthesiologist, obstetrician, nurse anesthetist, or other medical professional might make that could cause a mother or child to suffer an epidural injury. These include:
- Injecting too much anesthesia or giving too many injections in a short timeframe.
- Injecting an epidural into the wrong area.
- Giving an epidural when there are contraindications or it is not the best option for the situation.
The injuries that can occur from a wrongly administered epidural include:
- A drop in the mother’s blood pressure, which can result in inadequate blood supply to the baby
- Leakage of spinal fluid
- Blood clots
- Permanent nerve damage at the injection site
- Inadequate blood supply to the spinal cord
- Infection of the spinal cord (meningitis or an abscess)
- Increase in fetal heart rate variability
If you or your child suffered any of the injuries listed above or were harmed in any other way because of an epidural, the medical malpractice lawyers at Pintas & Mullins want to fight your case and help you recover damages.
Let an Epidural Birth Injury Lawyer From Pintas & Mullins Build a Strong Case for Medical Malpractice
At Pintas & Mullins, we have a strong record of fighting and winning medical malpractice cases. We want to put our experience, knowledge, and resources to work for you.
We know that a successful malpractice case must establish four elements. We make sure your case clearly shows all four of them. They are as follows:
The Medical Professional Owed You a Duty of Care
First, we must show that the anesthesiologist, obstetrician, nurse anesthetist, or other medical professional in question owed you a duty of care at the time they administered the epidural. We can prove a duty of care by establishing that you had an active provider-patient relationship.
The Medical Professional Violated Their Duty of Care
Second, we have to demonstrate that the anesthesiologist, obstetrician, nurse anesthetist, or other medical professional did not uphold their duty of care. We do this by comparing their actions to what one would expect from a reasonable person in the same situation. We often rely on expert witness testimony to make this case.
You or Your Child Suffered an Injury
Third, we must establish that you or your child suffered an injury, and we must draw a connection between this injury and the failure on the part of the anesthesiologist, obstetrician, nurse anesthetist, or other medical professional.
You Incurred Damages
Last, we have to list specific damages, which can be both economic and noneconomic, that you incurred as a result of your or your child’s injury.
Recoverable Damages After an Epidural Birth Injury
What you may be able to recover depends on the circumstances of your case. However, potentially recoverable damages could include:
- Medical expenses (for the mother and baby)
- Ongoing care costs (for mother and baby)
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Once we have investigated the birth and your injuries, our team will determine the value of the damages to which you are entitled.
Call 888-526-8947 Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with a Pintas & Mullins Lawyer
The epidural birth injury lawyers at Pintas & Mullins want to meet with you today. We offer a free, no-risk case evaluation to show you how we can help you build a robust case to recover compensation for your injuries and other losses. To schedule your appointment, call 888-526-8947.
Birth Injury Malpractice Lawyer
- Anoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Bell’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Trauma Lawyer
- Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury Lawyer
- Brachial Plexus Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Brain Injury
- Brain Ischemia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Broken Bones Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cephalohematoma Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cervical Dystonia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Chorioamnionitis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cystic Fibrosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy
- Fetal Lacerations Lawyer
- Forceps Delivery Birth Injury Lawyer
- Group B Strep Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hepatitis B Virus Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Perinatal Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Placental Birth Injury Lawyer
- Rubella Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Syphilis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Toxoplasmosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Urinary Tract Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Wrongful Birth Lawyer