Hypoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
Hypoxia birth injury refers to an inadequate oxygen supply to a baby’s brain before, during, or after childbirth. The condition is severe and even life-threatening if not recognized and addressed swiftly. If your baby suffered injuries due to hypoxia during childbirth, you may be eligible to recover monetary damages. A hypoxia birth injury lawyer from Newsome Melton can help.
The Newsome Melton birth injury lawyers fight for the rights of families whose children were hurt because of medical malpractice. We can hold the doctor and the medical facility accountable and help you recover damages. Our attorneys offer a free case evaluation, and we work on a no-win-no-fee basis—we get paid only if you recover compensation.
Get a free case evaluation by calling 855-633-2757.
The Causes and Consequences of Hypoxia During Childbirth
A number of issues during childbirth can cause a baby to develop hypoxia. These issues may result from the negligent behavior of a doctor or health care provider (e.g., a nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant). Even when the problem arises spontaneously, it is your doctor’s duty to recognize what is happening and intervene to prevent a catastrophe.
Some possible causes of hypoxia during childbirth include:
- Lack of blood flow to placenta
- Umbilical cord prolapse
- Shoulder dystocia (the baby’s shoulder gets stuck in the birth canal after the head is delivered)
When a baby develops hypoxia during childbirth, he or she can lose consciousness. The baby’s brain may suffer lasting damage. This can cause a host of severe and sometimes lifelong complications, including:
- Cerebral palsy
- Speech delays or impairments
- Vision issues
- Cognitive delays or impairments
The Newsome Melton team wants to hear from you if your child suffered a brain injury or other effects of hypoxia. We will investigate and get to the bottom of what happened.
To get started right away with a free case evaluation, call Newsome Melton at 855-633-2757.
Trust Newsome Melton to Build Your Hypoxia Birth Injury Case
At Newsome Melton, we pride ourselves on fighting for our clients’ rights. We can hold the doctor, health care provider, or facility accountable for causing your child’s birth injury. We can help you recover damages to make up for the economic and non-economic losses you and your child suffered because of the doctor’s negligence.
It starts with building a thorough case. A medical malpractice case must demonstrate these four things:
Your Doctor Had a Duty of Care to Your Child
One, we must show that your doctor owed your child a duty of care. This duty exists in any doctor-patient relationship.
Your Doctor Failed to Follow the Standard of Care
Two, we must establish that the defendant failed to follow the standard of care in treating your child. That is, we must prove that other reasonable professionals would have acted differently than your child’s doctor.
Your Child Suffered a Birth Injury
Three, we have to show that your child suffered hypoxia during childbirth and related complications, and that it resulted from your doctor’s negligence. That is, we must draw a link between your doctor’s actions to your child’s injury.
You and Your Child Incurred Damages
Fourth, we have to show that you and your child suffered economic and non-economic damages as a result of your child’s injury.
By establishing these four facts and backing them with evidence, we can hold the doctor liable and recover damages. To get started today, call the Newsome Melton team at 855-633-2757.
Newsome Melton Helps You Recover Damages for Your Child’s Hypoxia Birth Injury
At Newsome Melton, our hypoxia birth injury lawyers help you recover compensation for your damages. You could recover a settlement or judgment that includes the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Prescription drug costs
- Medical devices (e.g., crutches, wheelchairs)
- Physical or occupational therapy costs
- Tutoring and special-needs schools
- Home modifications
- Pain and suffering
The Statute of Limitations on Hypoxia Birth Injuries
Every state sets a time limit on how long you have to file a lawsuit. This limit is known as a statute of limitation. Depending on your state, it could be anywhere from one year to five years or longer. If the time limit expires, you will no longer be eligible to take legal action for your child’s injury.
To avoid a scenario in which you lose the opportunity to recover damages because you ran out of time, take action right away by getting a free case evaluation with a Newsome Melton lawyer. You can reach us by calling 855-633-2757.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation Today by Calling 855-633-2757
The Newsome Melton medical malpractice team wants to start working for you right away. We can help you recover damages for your child’s hypoxia birth injury. The initial case evaluation is free, and we do not collect an attorney fee until we recover money for you. Call 855-633-2757.
Birth Injury Malpractice Lawyer
- Anoxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Bell’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Trauma Lawyer
- Bleeding of the Brain Birth Injury Lawyer
- Brachial Plexus Birth Injury Lawyer
- Birth Brain Injury
- Brain Ischemia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Broken Bones Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cephalohematoma Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cervical Dystonia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Chorioamnionitis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Cystic Fibrosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Epidural Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy Birth Injury Lawyer
- Erb’s Palsy
- Fetal Lacerations Lawyer
- Forceps Delivery Birth Injury Lawyer
- Group B Strep Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hepatitis B Virus Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Perinatal Asphyxia Birth Injury Lawyer
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN) Birth Injury Lawyer
- Placental Birth Injury Lawyer
- Rubella Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Syphilis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Toxoplasmosis Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Urinary Tract Infection Misdiagnosis Birth Injury Lawyer
- Wrongful Birth Lawyer